- AMI/FLEX Causing Kai Greene to Skip Olympia Again?
- Natty or Not? On the 6/28 Gregg & Joe Show
- 76ers Hoping To Finally Get it Right with Ben Simmons
- Talkin’ Smack with Gregg Valentino
- MuscleSport Magazine Goes International
- Legendary Photographer Bill Dobbins Joins MuscleSport Magazine
- Olympia/AMI Files Their Own Lawsuit Against Thompson/NSL
- Lee Thompson: Mr. Olympia Contests Fixed
- Unfair WBF & PDI Comparisons for the NSL
- NFL: Meat in Mexico & China Includes Clen
Unconfirmed Baseball Steroid List Reveals 104 Names
- Updated: July 1, 2009
A fantasy sports site is reporting in their ‘Articles’ section the 104 names on the Major League Baseball 2003 anonymous steroid testing list under the title “Rumored 2003 Steroid List Leaks Out?” Other than the list of names, all it says is ‘Unconfirmed.”
MuscleSport Mag has reached out to RotoInfo and is awaiting a response. The main question on everyone’s mind is who was the original source. None of the names will shock you and many of them appeared in the Mitchell Report.
There does not appear to be any significance in the order of the names, either. It is not listed alphabetically or by position, so it appears to be a general list. The accuracy of it remains to be seen. While it seems inevitable that this list will become publicized at some time, we will not know for sure until then if the one on RotoInfo was truthful or not.
David Ortiz, who has come under scrutiny during his prolonged slump to start the season, was on this list, as was Manny Ramirez, his former teammate who is currently serving a 50-game suspension for a banned substance.
Roger Clemens, Raphael Palmiero and Sammy Sosa appear, and they may have to answer perjury charges for their subsequent denials under oath if this is in fact true. Alex Rodriguez’s name appears, which had already been reported.
The list actually contains only 103 names and does not include Jason Grimsley, who tested positive that same year according to court records. That may account for the difference of one and something that we will look to clarify if a response to our request is received.
Here are the names as reported by RotoInfo:
16. Aaron Boone
85.Valerio de los Santos
94.Paul Lo Duca
Photo by Bill Menzel