- Toney Freeman: Why I Made the Switch from the IFBB to NSL
- There IS Crying in Bikini on the 4/25 Gregg & Joe Show
- Our Theory Why Kai Greene Will Never Compete at the Olympia Again
- ‘Will Kai Sign’ Pathetic Olympia Tactic
- Will Toney Freeman Be the First of Many IFBB to NSL?
- Anti-Trust Lawsuit Still Lingering Over Arnold Classic
- Old Days, New Days 3/4 Gregg & Joe Show
- MSM Welcomes The Anabolic Doc
- Washington Nationals OF Bryce Harper Workout
- IFBB Has ‘Jumped the Shark’ With Fit Model Divisions
Nicole Wilkins To Not Defend Her Figure International Title at 2013 Arnold Classic
- Updated: December 2, 2012
The great battle between Nicole Wilkins and Erin Stern will have to wait until September. With her announcement that she will not compete at the 2013 Figure International, IFBB pro Nicole Wilkins has decided to give herself a longer offseason in a quest to regain her lost Figure Olympia crown.
According to her official Facebook page, Wilkins said:
“For the past five years, the Monday after Thanksgiving always marks the first day of my prep for the Arnold Classic. But not this year – because, since 2008, I’ve decided to sit out the event. For the first time since I’ve been a pro, I’m going to give myself a longer off-season to make the improvements I feel are necessary to get my physique where I want it to be to hopefully win back the Figure Olympia title.
For those of you who will be in Columbus, I will be too – just at the Met-Rx booth and not on stage. I’m sure it will be hard watching all of the other girls competing that weekend, but I know this is the right decision for me at this time. And I know I’ll be back on the Arnold Classic Figure International stage in 2014 going for title No. 4!
Thank you to Fitness Management Group (FMG), my trainer Kim Oddo and MET-Rx for supporting me with this decision. Here’s to a great 2013!”
Wilkins has won in Columbus in each of the last three years and has gone back and forth with Stern at the Olympia. Perhaps this is a good strategy, as many of the top men bodybuilders choose to just compete once a year at the O. It will be a very different competition without her, but that may open the door for someone like India Paulino, who has made big strides in her short time on the pro stage.
NICOLE WILKINS CONTEST HISTORY