- MSTV “Locker Room Talk” (S1, E1)
- The REAL Story Behind the Rich Piana – Mac Trucc LA Fit Expo Fight
- Gregg Valentino Wins MSM Favorite Columnist Contest
- Gregg & Joe TV (Season 1, Episode 1) – Lee Priest, Ripped Vixen, Kirk Radomski
- 3 Russian Bodybuilders’ Deaths & Phil Heath’s NY Times Article
- Brazil Takeover on the 10/24 Gregg & Joe Show
- Branch Warren an Olympia Non-Factor, Anyway
- Helle Trevino – Diary of a Female Bodybuilder (Pt. 2)
- AMI’s David Pecker Trump Administration Material?
- IFBB International ‘Pedophilia’ Divisions
Doing It For Joby: More Power Behind Powerlifting
- Updated: September 2, 2015
By Zack Cantrell – Recently I competed in the 5th Annual Dave Clement Memorial Powerlifting Meet. This meet meant a lot more than any meet I’ve had in the past since I dedicated it to a very strong kid in my local area named Joby Hawthorne who is currently battling cancer. I was lucky enough to be able to wear my Joby “Brave Never Stops Winning” shirt today as I took first place.
Seeing how strong Joby is battling every day and coming out on top really gave me some extra motivation for this meet. As I got under that bar, I was thinking about how tough of a person Joby is and it gave me motivation to lift more than I ever have. Today I hit 360 pounds on the bench press, which is 50 pounds more than I’ve ever done before. I weighed in at only 150 pounds, which is very light for me.
It’s awesome to see people like Joby who have such strong will power and it truly inspires me. I will be paying Joby a visit soon and dropping him off some things, along with the first place trophy I earned today. If it weren’t for him, I probably wouldn’t have lifted the weight I did. Seeing what this kid is going through at such a young age is a huge eye opener. People like Joby are what makes me wake up every day and want to get things done! Joby is a true inspiration and I hope I am able to inspire him as much as he inspires me!