- MuscleSport TV Announcement
- Lee Priest, Kleber Caramello Represent mSm in Brazil
- “The Blueprint” Matt Morgan Joins MuscleSport Magazine
- Winners & Losers at the 2016 Olympia – Men’s Open Bodybuilding
- Branch Warren an Olympia Non-Factor, Anyway
- Helle Trevino – Diary of a Female Bodybuilder (Pt. 2)
- AMI’s David Pecker Trump Administration Material?
- IFBB International ‘Pedophilia’ Divisions
- AMI/FLEX Causing Kai Greene to Skip Olympia Again?
- 76ers Hoping To Finally Get it Right with Ben Simmons
Sugar Is Poison
- Updated: August 24, 2016
By Cara Trentadue – Barley malt, Beet sugar, Brown sugar, Cane juice crystals, Cane sugar, Caramel, Corn syrup, Corn syrup solids, Confectioner’s sugar, Carob syrup, Castor sugar, Date sugar,Demerara sugar,Dextran,Dextrose,Diastatic malt, Diatase, Ethyl maltol, Fructose, Fruit juice, Fruit juice concentrate, Galactose, Glucose, Glucose solids, Golden sugar, Golden syrup, Grape sugar, High-fructose corn syrup, Honey, Icing sugar, Invert sugar, Lactose, Maltodextrin, Maltose, Malt syrup, Maple syrup, Molasses, Muscovado sugar, Panocha, Raw sugar, Refiner’s syrup, Rice syrup, Sorbitol, Sorghum syrup, Sucrose, Sugar, Treacle, Turbinado, sugar Yellow sugar. Whatever you decide to call it, it all boils down to the same thing. POISION!
I am going to go out on a limb here people and take it as far as to say BIG SUGAR is the next BIG TABACCO. Yep, there I said it. I am sure many of you are rolling your eyes, even rationalizing that everything in moderation is ok. Is it? Are you consuming sugar in moderation? Are your children? But that commercial said it was ok in moderation, isn’t it? Well people, the evidence is mounting and I believe that sugar is just as bad if not worse than cocaine.
The food industry has masked the detrimental effects of refined sugar the same way the tobacco industry denied that cigarettes cause cancer. But what makes the food industry worse is more than half of sugars’ target demographic is directed at our children in the form of cereals made “with whole grain” and having a daily allowance of calcium and vitamin d. Juices and cookies even claim to be as healthy as a bowl of oats but contain more sugar than a can of soda. Really? But I am an extremist according to countless parents I debate with every single day. “You can’t depriveeeee a kid of goodies and treats.” Whaaatttt?, would you deprive your child of a life plagued with diseases like cancer and diabetes or heart disease? I would most certain eliminate the one drug called sugar from my children’s diet. Does that mean that your children will never taste a sweet treat? Absolutely not. But it does mean that your choices in how foods are prepared and what type of foods you allow your children to consume must change.
The average American consumes 140lbs of refined sugar every year. Refine sugars are sugars that have been processed and depleted of minerals that are naturally occurring in the source which they extracted the sugar, usually it is Cane, Beet or Corn. When you consume this refined sugar it causes an incomplete metabolism of carbohydrate. This incomplete metabolic process alters the body’s PH balance and creates and acidic environment (which is an environment that cancer thrives). The body, in order to restore its PH levels must utilize its stores of potassium, magnesium, calcium, and sodium to neutralize the toxic acidity and depleting the body further. In addition refined sugar taxes the body’s stores of B vitamins which are need to work synergistically with glutamic acid in the brain. Without it impulse control will be at a minimum. (Sounds like behavior problems).
We all know that sugar spikes a hormone called insulin. This is why sugar is off limits to diabetics. Sugar also causes elevated triglyceride levels in the blood, because when sugar is metabolized by the liver it converts all excess to fat which spills out into the bloodstream. These triglycerides are a major concern as they are implicated in heart disease. (So it wasn’t the egg yolks after all)
SUGAR FEEDS CANCER
Human cancer cells rely heavily on insulin to provide its fuel and growth. Insulin growth factor also provides the signal pre cancerous cells to grow and multiply.
Refined sugars ferment in the stomach extremely quickly so when you eat a cookie the body will work on digesting the fat and proteins in that cookie first before the sugar. By the time this is completed the sugar has already fermented (rotted) in the stomach. This causes bacterial decomposition making the food in the stomach indigestible. Fermentation is the metabolic process for cancer, because cancer is an anaerobic organism (without oxygen) Not to mention the body cannot take up any nutrients from the fermented food.
Listen, I have heard all I need to hear to continue my quest against refined white anything. Especially sugar. The food industry is interested in making money and creating a longer shelf life for those, cookies, cereals and chips. They aren’t concerned for your long term health. That is all up to you.
Take a few minutes and read the labels of the foods you buy. High fructose corn syrup is in almost every prepackage food. Bread, Ketchup, Pasta Sauces, Juices, Cereals, Salad Dressings. Those hidden sugars are adding up in your liver and creating havoc on the PH levels in your body. Having an acidic PH for a weeks is long enough to start to metabolic changes in the body that will cause you harm in years to come. Now to the kids. Look at what your child eats in a day. How much sugar are they consuming in a day? Take the necessary steps to change this dietary change now, so he won’t suffer later.
I have comprised a comprehensive list of ideas you can implement today to change some of the staples you are consuming to healthier alternatives.
- Eliminate processed cakes and cookies and find a recipe for cookies using, unsweetened apple sauce, or sucanat (natural cane sugar) cut the sugar in half.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with fresh in season fruits, berries, mangos, pineapples, watermelon are all fruits that are very sweet but still have the fiber and nutrition nature intended to keep your body in balance. Try grilling fruits which caramelize the natural sugars.
- Drink 8oz of water. You will be surprised to find that sugar cravings are sometimes an indication your body needs water. Add stevia and lemon to make sugar free naturally alkalizing lemonade.
- Try using raw honey, which contains enzymes that are vital to human life.
- Use natural unrefined flours and grains closest to their natural state as possible.
- Use sweet potatoes in stews and soups for a naturally sweet taste and is chock full of fiber vitamins and cancer fighting nutrients.
- Buy an ice cream maker and make sugar free ice cream using almond milk and stevia, use fresh fruits and other natural extracts to flavor and have fun in the kitchen.
- Exercise regularly, keeping blood sugars low and insulin in check is vital to combat sweet tooth cravings. Weight training is a great way to regulate sugar and balance hormones.
- Talk to your children about the dangers of a bad diet. Kids are a mirror of what we teach them.
- Make it a lifestyle change. If you practice something ten times it becomes a habit. So avoid refined sugar ten times, hit the gym ten times and you’re on your way to living healthier happy and longer.
If I had the change to stress one major point to people out there, this would be it. Don’t fall victim to the food industry and their insistence on making us sicker and fatter just to fatten their bottom line. I recently read a bottle of soda that boasted “made with real sugar” oh jee wiz thanks a lot. They traded one poison for another. Don’t be their victim.
My name is Cara (www.carashealthyliving.com) and I have been studying nutrition and practicing an alternative healthy lifestyle for over 20 years. After learning how the body has the innate ability to heal itself in most cases proving you give it what it needs to do so I wanted to share this knowledge with the world.
I studied Nutrition and Weight Management Counseling at American Fitness Professionals and Associates and I am always pursuing new knowledge about healing the body and prevention of disease. With over 20 years of practice behind me there is no argument that prevention is the easiest way to avoid sicknesses like type 2 diabetes, cancer, and heart disease. I do not advocate “diets” I teach lifestyle change. The children of America in this generation are said to be the only generation whose parents will outlive them. Diet and lifestyle play a major role in this trend. We need to turn it around.